Lakeville, MN — February 23, 2021 — The 2nd Annual Radio Cares — Feeding America® is off to a great start with new and returning partners signing on in support of the nationwide radio event that raises money to provide meals for individuals and families facing hunger in America. Radio Cares is presented by Feeding America and the Independent Broadcasters Association (IBA) and will take place on April 14 on radio stations across the country. Last year, in its inaugural event, Radio Cares raised enough money to purchase 5 million meals! This year already looks to surpass that amount.
Returning partners include:
- Steve Kamer, America’s Number One voice talent will once again be the Voice of Radio Cares. Kamer also kicked off this year’s drive with the first donation of 2021.
- Motor Racing Network’s Bob Quick, Manager of Radio Partnerships, renewed their commitment and commented, “We will support the Radio Cares message through our race broadcasts and ancillary programs on over 500 affiliate stations.”
- Sun Broadcast Group has also signed up for year two. Danno Wolkoff, COO of Sun, stated, “We’re thrilled that Sun Broadcast Group is once again the lead radio network in this year’s Radio Cares campaign. Providing our resources to help stations in the general and Hispanic markets implement their marketing and promotion of Feeding America to deliver at least 5 million more meals is our primary focus. In addition, SBG will deliver extended reach and frequency of the Radio Cares message through our networks to help make this year’s campaign even stronger.”
- HRN Media Network is participating again this year, providing access to Hispanic listeners across America via its affiliated Spanish Language stations. “HRN is thrilled to be doing its part to feed as many Americans as possible,” noted President of HRN Clark Logan.
- YEA Networks is also returnng in 2021.“YEA Networks is proud to support the cause again by using our talented video and design departments to help participating stations look great online and on social media,” stated Shawn Nunn, President, YEA Networks. The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show will also dedicate show time to raise money.
New this year:
- AdLarge Media will support the cause via their network. Gary Schonfeld, Co-CEO of AdLarge commented,. “We are pleased to lend our support to this event. We have all watched the faces on the news of people at food banks…food banks that are stretched to the max. This is a cause that every organization and person can get behind.”
Ron Stone, President of the IBA, said, “There are so many ways that radio can support this great event. If you own independent stations, or If you are a network, help us promote the event to your listeners and raise awareness for the need of donations. If you are a lendor or investor in the radio broadcast industry, let me know what assets you can bring to bear on this. Literally everyone can help by sharing the news of the event on social media or making an early contribution. You don’t have to be an IAB member to participate. This is an industry-wide initiative, and we appreciate everyone’s effort to make this year’s event incredible.”
Immediate contributions may be made at: www.radiocares.org. Stations are welcome to post a link on their site now, as well as share on social media.
FAQS: Answers to some obvious questions about this opportunity:
- Where does the money go and what will it be used for? 100% of the money raised goes to Feeding America and 100% will be used across the country in local communities where needed. These will be unrestricted funds for Feeding America to help fight hunger in America.
- Can I tie in a local client? Sure…totally your call. It is possible we may secure a national client. 100% of any sponsorship money secured nationally will also go to Feeding America.
- What if I have already or recently helped my local food shelf? That should not keep you away from this event. This is a huge opportunity for independent local radio to work together across the nation. This is the benefit of scale we have been talking about.
About Radio Cares:
Radio Cares was founded in 2020 by many interested parties to assimilate as many radio stations as possible to do what radio does best, help local communities. Funds raised from Radio Cares assists people that need help in getting food and nutrition for their families. The annual event falls under the management of the Independent Broadcasters Association. Participating stations do not have to be members of the IBA to participate. RadioCares.org will house all the tools necessary for participating stations to begin pre-promotion for two weeks, beginning March 31, and to hold the day-long event on April 14. Support of the campaign will continue through Sunday April 18 to give every radio listener time to donate. In addition, Radio Cares will have the support of over 100 artists representing every format.
Stations will direct listeners to their individual station web site to donate. 100% of donations will go directly to Feeding America and there will be, like last year, an ongoing accounting of total donations.
Every independent radio station in America is encouraged to participate and support this nationwide event.
- Owners and operators must register their station(s) at: www.radiocares.org
- All materials will be available for download at that same web address a week prior to the event.
- There will be educational conference calls starting March 15. All registered stations will receive invitations.
- Radio Cares 2020 was supported by 3,400 radio stations and provided 5 million meals* for people facing hunger.
Feeding America® is the largest domestic hunger-relief organization in the United States. Through a network of 200 food banks and 60,000 food pantries and meal programs, we provide meals to more than 40 million people each year. Feeding America also supports programs that prevent food waste and improve food security among the people we serve; educates the public about the problem of hunger; and advocates for legislation that protects people from going hungry. Visit www.feedingamerica.org, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.